Facing this together.
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re thankful for our community’s support and remain dedicated to providing you–and your family–our safest care. We’ve faced many challenges. But through it all, we’ve learned that together, we are stronger than any virus.
Pender Community Hospital & Medical Clinics remain dedicated to your safest care–now and always. Throughout unpredictability, we continue to deliver babies, see patients in our clinics, administer infusion services, and provide life-saving care in our hospital. And we look to the future with confidence knowing together, this community can face anything.
Additional Safety Procedures and Policies
On top of our already high safety standards, we have put into place additional procedures, policies, practices, and hours to keep you protected.
- Separate areas for sick and healthy patients, during times of high transmission in our area
- New screening policies for patients at all entrances
- 6-foot social distancing practices
- Continual cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Taking extra precautionary steps while working with patients who have, or might have, COVID-19 to reduce the risk of passing it to others
Currently, two visitors, who must remain masked during the visit, are allowed for patients under our care. This number will change depending on our health departments’ outlined COVID-19 risk level. Contact the nurse’s station prior to your visit to ensure the most up-to-date information.
Two visitors are allowed during a patient’s visit. This number will change depending on our health departments’ outlined COVID-19 risk level.
Visitors are welcome and need to be scheduled ahead of time by calling the facility at 402-385-3072.
Visitor Rules for Hospitalized Patients
For the safety of our staff and patients, visitors are asked to follow the rules listed below. Visitors unable to comply with guidelines will be asked to leave to protect our patients and staff.
- Visitors will be screened for illness or COVID-19 exposure.
- Masks must be worn properly (covering mouth and nose) for the entirety of the visit.
- Visitors must stay in the patient room (unless instructed otherwise by nursing staff)
- Visitors must stay in the building for the duration of the visit.
- No visitors allowed in the COVID-19 isolation area.
ALL VISITOR GUIDELINES AND RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CONTACT THE NURSES STATION AT 402-385-4066 PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT TO CHECK ON CURRENT GUIDELINES AND RULES.
We are actively working to distribute COVID-19 vaccine to those ages 12 and above.
We are currently working to distribute booster vaccines to anyone that qualifies. Booster doses are available at least 5 months after receiving the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or at least 2 months after receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. If you qualify and would like to receive your booster dose or have questions, please call 402-385-3033 option 3, to schedule your booster appointment. An appointment is required.
Weekly Vaccine Clinics:
Monday Vaccine Clinic
Location: The Apothecary Shop
Vaccine available: Moderna (2-dose series), Pfizer (2-dose series & approved for those 12+), and Johnson & Johnson (single dose)
To schedule your appointment call 402-385-3350.
Instructions for all ill patients with COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms
MILD TO MODERATE SYMPTOMS
- Contact the Pender Medical Clinic to speak with a triage nurse or provider at 402-385-3033, option 2. A nurse will evaluate your symptoms over the phone and consult your provider. If you need to be seen in person, an appointment will be scheduled.
- When arriving for your appointment, you will be asked to wear a mask upon entering the building. Upon entering you’ll be escorted to a separate waiting area or taken to your patient room as quickly as allows.
SEVERE OR EMERGENCY SYMPTOMS