Pender, NE (October 2, 2023) – Pender Community Hospital (PCH) and Medical Clinics were awarded $35,000 in funds by the 2023 Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska to fund health and wellness initiatives for the community.

“We are honored to have been chosen to receive this award by the Cattlemen’s Ball and are excited for the impact it will have on our patients,” said Laura Gamble, CEO at PCH. “Our hopes of enhancing patient comfort in our hospital, as well as improving many of the critical programs and tools at our medical clinics can now be realized.”

Cattlemen’s Ball is a 501(c)(3) charity focused on supporting cancer research and benefiting local health and wellness programs. Each year, the ball takes place in a new location. This year the event was hosted south of Pender, by the Weborg Family. After the event, 90% of the funds raised go to the Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center for cancer research. The remaining 10% of funds are distributed to support local health and wellness initiatives.

This year, the Cattlemen’s Ball raised a record-breaking amount of more than $2.1 million. The hospital was awarded $25,000 of these funds, while the Pender Medical Clinics were awarded $10,000.

The hospital will use these funds to purchase new recliners for a number of patient rooms, which will improve patient comfort and well-being, as well as ensure all patients have a supportive and restful environment at the hospital. The medical clinics, plan to use funds to introduce a new Chronic Hypertension Program, which will address patients’ long-term hypertension management with the use of home blood pressure monitors. These funds will also enhance patient experience with digital stethoscopes that display patients heart rhythm and digital otoscopes that allow a picture of the inner ear to be viewed by the patient.

To learn more about Cattlemen’s Ball, visit cattlemensball.com. For more information on Pender Community Hospital and Pender Medical Clinics, visit pchne.org.


About Pender Community Hospital District Pender Community Hospital (PCH) has been providing quality healthcare in northeast Nebraska since 1913. The 21-bed critical access hospital (CAH) was recognized by the Chartis Center for Rural Health as a Top-100 CAH for four years, from 2019-2021 and 2023. PCH comprises not only the hospital but four rural health clinics and three pharmacies, as well as Prairie Breeze Assisted Living and Little Sprouts Child Development Center. For more information, visit pchne.org.