Welcome to the blog for Pender Community Hospital and Medical Clinics.
Here, you will find articles about how to live a healthy life, timely issues and topics, and much more.
Remember to check back often for new articles and updates!
- Occupational therapy helps all ages function—and flourish—in daily livesRecovery can be a long and winding road after an accident, illness or injury. Sometimes patients need specialized care to reclaim skills they once used in day-to-day living. At Pender Community Hospital, occupational therapists customize care and utilize a wide range of treatments to help people of all ages live more complete, productive and independent […]
- What You Can’t See, Can Hurt YouRegular mammograms are the best defense against breast cancer. About one in eight women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime, and nearly 85% of breast cancer diagnoses occur in women with no family history of the disease. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, and in […]
- Remember to Wear a Mask to Your Next VisitHelp Keep Pender Community Hospital & Medical Clinics Healthy As we continue to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important we all do our part to keep our community safe and healthy – and one way we can do that is through masking. While masks are no longer required in all establishments, Pender Community Hospital […]
- PCH Annual Child WellnessAll children develop differently, both physically and mentally. Wellness appointments track physical and mental growth, screen developmental progress, and provide crucial vaccinations to protect your child from serious diseases. Therefore, wellness physicals are a great way to gauge your child’s overall health and development.
- Here Comes the Sun! Enjoy Summer but Stay Safe from Skin CancerSkin cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the nation, yet most cases are preventable. Skin cancer can be disfiguring and lead to expensive medical bills. Get to know your skin so you can notice changes that may indicate a problem.
- E-cigarette and Vaping InformationIn the past few months, information on the health effects of e-cigarettes and vaping have been in the news. As of November 13, 2019, 2172 cases of lung injuries related to e-cigarettes and vaping have been reported to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). With all of this information, what are the most important things […]