Welcome to the blog for Pender Community Hospital and Medical Clinics.
Here, you will find articles about how to live a healthy life, timely issues and topics, and much more.
Remember to check back often for new articles and updates!
- Breathe Easier at PCHPulmonary Rehab Q&A We recently caught up with Bancroft resident Sondra Bennett, age 62, who successfully completed the pulmonary rehab program a few years ago at Pender Community Hospital. Here’s what she had to say about the benefits of PCH’s pulmonary rehab program: How did you learn about pulmonary rehab at PCH? I had some lung issues … Read more
- Get Your Heart in the Right PlaceWith PCH Cardiac Rehab Research indicates that cardiac rehab reduces participants’ death rate by as much as 30% when compared to non-participants – and that the biggest factor in determining rehab participation is the strength of the recommendation made by the patient’s physician. Larry Rogers is glad he took his doctor’s suggestions seriously to participate … Read more
- PCH Hosts Monthly Alzheimer’s Support GroupsVirtual, In-Person Options Open to All According to the Alzheimer’s Association, 6.6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease. By 2050, this number is projected to rise to nearly 13 million. Each person with the disease inevitably needs some type of help. Whether you provide daily caregiving, participate in decision making, or simply care about … Read more
- Anterior hip replacement procedures at PCHGet back to what moves you Dr. Justin Deans adds to our orthopedic team, specializing in anterior hip replacement procedures Hip replacements are the most common and long-lasting joint replacement, often with life-changing results that help people move better, feel better and get back to doing the things they enjoy. At Pender Community Hospital, our … Read more
- Occupational therapy helps all ages function—and flourish—in daily livesRecovery can be a long and winding road after an accident, illness or injury. Sometimes patients need specialized care to reclaim skills they once used in day-to-day living. At Pender Community Hospital, occupational therapists customize care and utilize a wide range of treatments to help people of all ages live more complete, productive and independent … Read more
- What You Can’t See, Can Hurt YouRegular mammograms are the best defense against breast cancer. About one in eight women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime, and nearly 85% of breast cancer diagnoses occur in women with no family history of the disease. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, and in … Read more