Gynecology at Pender Community Hospital
No matter what stage in life you’re at and what kind of women’s care you need, you can count on the expert gynecology team at Pender Community Hospital’s Outpatient Specialty Clinic.
We’re There for You
At PCH, our gynecology team understands that every woman is her own person and has her own healthcare needs, which can change over time. So, whether you’re looking for fertility help, a routine physical, or menopause care, our team is here and ready to help you anyway that we can.
Our Gynecology Services
Some of the services available are:
- Yearly exams
- Infertility issues
- Fertility testing
- Menopause care
- Breast health
- Surgical services including hysterectomies, biopsies, endometrial removal, and tubal ligation
- Operative gynecology using minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery
At PCH, we’re able to provide a number of different surgical services to you—our patient—thanks to our talented, experienced surgical staff along with the use of state-of-the-art technology and the latest techniques available.
Our surgical department has two operating rooms, two post-anesthesia care unit, one endoscopy unit, and robotic assistance operating equipment. Each operating room is spacious, modern, and managed by personnel who are specifically trained in operating room procedures and care of surgical patients.
Each year we perform over 250 surgeries and with each one, our is to provide the best surgical care possible with no need to travel, letting to recover and receive follow-up care close to home.
Robotic Assisted Surgery
To cut down on our patient’s recover time, we now offer robotic assisted surgical services with our da Vinci Surgical System.
Powered by robotic technology, this system allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient. One of the instruments used is a laparoscope, a thin tube with a tiny camera and light at the end that sends images to a video monitor in the operating room to guide doctors during surgery. An example of one of the surgeries that can be done this way is hysterectomies.
Patient and provider advantages of this system include:
- Magnified vision system that gives surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient’s body
- Ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits while operating
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
Minimally invasive techniques that, studies show, provide less pain, shorter recovery times and better outcomes than traditional surgery.
- To make an appointment with to see one of our gynecology providers, please call our Outpatient Specialty Clinic at 402-385-4090. Please visit our calendar to see when our healthcare providers are available to see patients.