Rena A. Kazos, D.O.
- Rena A. Kazos, a Sioux City native, graduated summa cum laude from Briar Cliff University and earned her Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Creighton University.
- “I was born and raised in Sioux City. I attended both Heelan High School and Briar Cliff University. I am very excited to come back home after completing my training. Sioux City is my home, and I couldn’t imagine raising my kids anywhere else.”
- Dr. Kazos wanted to be a physician from the moment she started her first college job as a phlebotomist. She has three children, Freddy, Willy and Ellie, and enjoys spending time with her family.
Services at Pender Community Hospital
- Annual comprehensive history and exam, pap smear and breast exam
- Adolescent Care
- Management and Treatment of Women's Health Issues
Management and Treatment of Women's Health Issues
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Pelvic Pain
- Abnormal periods
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Post Menopausal bleeding
- Family Planning/Birth Control
Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Assisted Hysterectomy
- TLH: Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- LSH: Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- TVT: Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation - Permanent Sterilization
- Other Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Procedures