Surgical Services at Pender Community Hospital
The Pender Community Hospital surgical department performs over 250 surgeries each year. Our department boasts two operating rooms, two post-anesthesia care unit, one endoscopy unit, and robotic assistance operating equipment. The operating rooms are spacious, modern, and managed by personnel who are specifically trained in operating room procedures and care of surgical patients.
Patients who experience a surgical procedure at PCH are attended by a skilled team of surgeons, anesthesia providers, nurses, support staff, and other healthcare providers. They work together to provide exceptional care in a healing environment with safety and comfort being the utmost priority for each patient.
Procedures we offer
Ear Nose Throat (ENT)
Surgery at PCH
Robotic Assisted Surgery
In addition to the above surgical services, we also can perform a number of robotic assisted surgical services as well thanks our da Vinci Surgical System.
The da Vinci System has brought minimally invasive surgery to more than 3 million patients worldwide. It is powered by robotic technology that allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient. One of the instruments is a laparoscope, a thin tube with a tiny camera and light at the end that sends images to a video monitor in the operating room to guide doctors during surgery.
Patient and provider benefits of this system include:
- Magnified vision system that gives surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient’s body
- Ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits while operating
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
- Minimally invasive techniques that, studies show, provide less pain, shorter recovery times and better outcomes than traditional surgery
The different surgeries this system can help perform are:
- Gallbladder removal
- Hernia surgery
- Colon resections
The anesthesia provided to our patients during their surgery is administered by a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). Procedures they can do include:
- Labor epidurals
- PICC line insertions
- Chronic knee pain blocks
Meet Our Surgeons
Timothy G. Kneib, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Rena A. Kazos
- To schedule a procedure with our surgical team please call 402-385-3083 or reach out to your primary healthcare provider for questions, comments, or referral requests.